Active Park Assist
Not everyone loves to parallel park. But what if we designed a car that not only helps you find the right size parking space, but also automatically steers itself in for a perfect park?
How it works
· Ultrasonic sensors on the sides and front and rear bumpersof the vehicle‘search’ for parking spaces on either side of the road that are big enough to parallel park your vehicle.
· Sensors search within 1.5 metres when you travel at speeds of up to 30kmh.
· The sensors are always passively scanning spaces, so if you activate the system after you’ve just passed a good parking spot, it will let you know.
· When the right-size space is found, you’ll hear an alert and instructions will appear on your display screen telling you where to position the vehicle to begin the park.
Perfect parks, hands-free
· In narrow streets, the system detects and rejects spaces where the turn required to park could cause a collision with vehicles on the opposite side of the street.
· A combination of your vehicle’s EPAS (electric power-assisted steering) and sensors are used to steer the vehicle safely and perfectly into place at speeds of up to 10kmh.
· Take your hands off the steering wheel and just work the forward and reverse gears, accelerator and brake.
· You can take control of the park at any time by taking hold of the steering wheel.